The Senior Canara Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for managing installation, removal, and preventative/corrective maintenance of battery asset systems and/or battery monitoring systems. It is expected that the Senior FST will be experienced in performing required work, leading teams of technicians to complete work, and interacting with customer engineering as needed. Daily duties include but are not limited to maintaining Battery Monitoring Systems (BMS), managing battery replacement projects, and improving field processes.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for a US passport.
- Must be able to travel to Canada and/or abroad.
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be able to physically lift upwards of 75lbs.
- Must pay close attention to detail and have a willingness to follow operational procedures to ensure personal and client safety.
- Must be able to pass all assigned skills and safety training.
- Perform new installations of BMS in accordance with Canara standards, NEC codes and NFPA regulations.
- Troubleshoot, calibrate and perform corrective maintenance on existing BMS.
- Provide customer support and training on BMS.
- Perform battery replacements, maintenance & testing in accordance with applicable IEEE, manufacturer and customer standards.
- At least five years’ experience performing maintenance on critical power systems such as UPS & DC systems.
- Able to use battery testing equipment such as an Alber’ Cellcorder, Midtronics Ultra & Megger DLRO.
- Able to perform battery removal and replacements.
- Must have strong computer and networking skills.
- Must be proficient in windows (Outlook, Word, Excel and/or Power point).
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be task driven both on the job and with regard to administrative task requirements including time reporting, expense reporting & training.
- Understand how battery monitoring systems (Alber, B-Tech, Canara, CellWatch, Generex, Midtronics, Powershield etc.…) operate.
- Know and understand NEC 645, 647, 800, IEEE-1188, 450 as well as NFPA 70E standards.
- Meet minimum customer specific criteria for projects assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and out of state as needed.
- Must have a clean driving record; Commercial Drivers License preferred but not required.
- Ability to work occasional weekends, nights and/or holidays to accommodate customer needs.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Technical graduate of a two year accredited technical school in an engineering/technical field preferred.
- 3-5 years of service technician responsibility in related DC power field or industry.
- Installation/service experience encompassing DC power and related equipment, material coordination and site layout, troubleshooting, revenue enhancement, customer relations, safety management within the DC power industry.
- This is a remote position. The ideal candidate will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area with convenient access to a major airport.
- Alternate options are Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas areas with convenient access to a major airport.
Canara is an equal opportunity employer. Please include your resume and compensation requirements. Thank you for your interest! Canara regrets that it is unable to sponsor applicants in connection with their nonimmigrant visa status (e.g., H-1B visa).